Each year in May, in honor of National Historic Preservation Month, the Preservation Association of Central New York (PACNY) hosts our annual Awards Ceremony to recognize and honor noteworthy contributions to historic preservation in our region. This year’s awards program was held on Thursday May 21, 2015 at the Central New York Philanthropy Center in Syracuse. Approximately 70 people came out to celebrate with us and enjoy a tasteful evening event on the veranda of the Philanthropy Center overlooking Fayette Park.
Our 2015 awards featured to an impressive and deserving group of historic preservation projects and notable advocates. PACNY President Murray Gould presented our 2015 awards to the following worthy recipients:
* Michael Stanton received the Jasena R. Foley Education Award for his longstanding role as a facilitator of public discourse regarding historic preservation, community planning, and public policy in Central New York.
* Elizabeth Crawford received the Wilma T. Auer Award for her service and outstanding contributions to PACNY.
* Christine Capella-Peters received a Preservation Merit Award for her significant commitment to and advocacy for preserving historic resources throughout the Central New York community.
* James Prioletti (Ameriprise Financial Services), Randy Crawford (Crawford & Stearns Architects), and Gary Wright (CNY Builder Services) received a Preservation Merit Award for the restoration and renovation of the Courier Building (Washington and Montgomery Streets) in Downtown Syracuse.
* Glenn Hinchey received a Preservation Merit Award for his significant commitment and contributions to preserving important architectural resources in the historic Hawley-Green neighborhood of Syracuse.
* The Bentham Foundation, Sutton Real Estate Company, Edgemere Development, MacKnight Architects, Rich and Gardner Construction, and Saralinda Hooker received a Preservation Merit Award for adaptive reuse, rehabilitation and preservation of the former Brosemer Brewery as part of the Seaway Lofts project in Oswego.
* Grace Episcopal Church, Crawford & Stearns Architects, Gary Wright, and St. Germaine & Aupperle Engineers received a Stewardship Award for the rehabilitation of the Grace Episcopal Church Parish House in Syracuse.
* The H. Lee White Marine Museum received a Stewardship Award for their continued and exceptional efforts advocating for and preserving the maritime history, heritage, and culture of Oswego.
* Robert Branshaw, the owner of Wayne Drugs, received a Stewardship Award in recognition of his efforts and success to restore the historic department store façade and contribute to maintaining the character and integrity of Bridge Street in Oswego.
Congratulations to all or our Award Winners! Thank you to all who attended the event – and on behalf of all of our members and our Board of Directors, PACNY sincerely appreciates the generous support of our Awards Ceremony sponsors:
* Richard and Joan Applebaum
* Crawford & Stearns Architects & Preservation Planners
* Holmes King Kallquist & Associates Architects
* Pathfinder Bank
* Port City Preservation, LLC
* Rich & Gardner Construction Company, Inc.
* Sutton Real Estate Company, LLC
To learn more about PACNY’s events and activities, please visit pacny.net, follow us on Facebook, or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.